PAGES

the nursery: revealed.

Friday, May 31, 2013

My baby is almost six months old and I am just now getting around to posting pictures of his nursery. Better late than never, right?

I had so much fun putting together this space for our little man. The inspiration for the room came from a swatch of fabric and a couple of prints...and possibly Brooks' daddy's love for hunting (wink wink).  I didn't want the feel of the room to be too "baby." Instead, I wanted to incorporate pieces of furniture and elements that can easily transition into a big boy room or eventually be used in another room of the house down the road.

Due to the fact that we are currently renting, I pulled in the design reins. If I had it my way, the nasty carpet would be ripped up, the ceiling, doors, and trim would be painted a different color, the light fixture would be replaced, the drapes would be custom...the list goes on. Despite the room's "unfinished" state,  I am really pleased with the outcome. It has turned into our favorite room of the house. This may or may not be because of its current occupant.

Without further ado, welcome to Brooks' rustic retreat:































SOURCES

Wall Color | "Snowbound" by Sherwin Williams
Crib | Sorelle White Commuter Crib
Bumper Pad Fabrics | Spoonflower "crosscriss" and "linen orange stripe"
Crib Skirt Fabric | Spoonflower "southwest shrubs linen"
Crib Sheet | Land of Nod Grey Stripe Fitted Sheet
Pillow Fabric | Spoonflower "gray deer"
Mobile | Petit Collage Bamboo Mobile - Forest
Framed Chicken Wire | Handmade
BROOKS Burlap Banner | Handmade
Deer Antlers Prints | Etsy "Slate Grey"
Glider | Larkin Swivel Glider in "Quilted White"
Throw | Target Cable Knit Throw
Knit Pouf | Etsy "Rust"
End Table | One Kings Lane Heidi Tripod End Table "Oak"
Lamp | Pottery Barn Adair Floor Lamp
Baskets | World Market Jillian Rectangle and Jillian Totes
Bookcase | Etsy "Distressed White"
Chalkboard | Hobby Lobby
Rustic Chalkboards | Handmade
Dresser | Ikea Tarva 6-Drawer Chest "Pine"
Dresser Knobs | Esty Jute Rope Knot Knob
Gallery Prints | Etsy "i love you a BUSHEL" - The Animal Print Shop "Baby Deer" and "Baby Fox" - Etsy Hand Embroidery Hoop "Johnny Castle" - Etsy "Hello Sweet Little Boy" - Hobby Lobby Unpainted Wooden Letter "B"
Frames | Pottery Barn - Hobby Lobby - Walmart
Lamp | West Elm Kudu Table Lamp
Wipes Storage Crate | Hobby Lobby
Hamper | Land of Nod Single Laundry Hamper
Rug | World Market Light Natural Cowhide Rug
Books | Amazon and Gifts
Antlers | Compliments of John

5 comments:

  1. LOVE the nursery! thanks so much for shopping with us and for showing how the bookcase looks in his room! everything looks wonderful, and i love how you have styled the bookcase. congrats on the baby boy!
    thanks again for your business and featuring our piece on your blog!
    lauren & joe
    http://www.fromthehillathopewell.com
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/thehillathopewell

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE IT, LAUREN! So sweet. I love all the deer and antler elements! Miss you. xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi,
    I wanted to see if you made the bedding for the nursery of had someone make it? I love the piping on the bumper and pillows and need someone to do this for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! I bought the fabric off of Spoonflower and had someone make the bumper pad for me (local) and then my mom's good friend made the pillows for me as a gift. I'm sure if you brought some inspiration any seamstress could make it for you!

      Delete

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger

Hover Pin It Code