PAGES

little crafts.

Wednesday, February 12, 2014

My girlfriend's and I have bi-monthly play dates for our littles. And you know, it's for us mamas too. Each of us hosts twice a month and this month I'm large and in charge. So, seeing that I love holidays and any and every excuse to decorate for and celebrate them, I figured I would host a Valentine's craft play date! Naturally.

After turning to great wide world of Pinterest, I got the idea for painted foot hearts. I thought that it was a precious, easy craft that we could make and give to the daddies or grandparents for Valentine's Day. 


All you need for this craft is card stock, washable paint, a sponge brush, and anything else that you want to snazzy it up with. I bought little letter stamps and a gold stamp pad so we could personalize them and some glitter to add some pizazz (for the little ladies, of course). 





I also threw together some bevvies and snacks for the mamas. On the menu was sparkling water with fresh strawberries, strawberry yogurt covered pretzels, mini red velvet and vanilla cupcakes, and cream cheese, olive, and walnut mini heart sandwiches. Can you tell I'm pregnant?!








And while I think the babies enjoyed playing together and interacting more than they did crafting, everyone left with some precious footsie keepsakes. 
Olive doesn't seem that impressed.

And by the looks of it, we should be getting a wave of warmer weather next week (70 degrees next Friday!), so I think that our next play date is going to have to be an outing to the zoo! YAY for Spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger

Hover Pin It Code