PAGES

hiccup and sore muscles.

Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Before I begin, can we please talk about the glorious Spring weather we had this past weekend?! Too bad it isn't here to stay (it's rainy and muggy today and the high tomorrow is 44), but I sure needed that reassurance that it's right around the corner. Brooks and I are needing a little bit more Vitamin D and fresh air in our lives these days.

Anyway, on to our weekend, which was wonderful with one minor hiccup and some serious sore muscles. Let me just start with Friday. 

Brooks and I were playing outside in the front yard when I started to feel a bit crampy. I went inside to go to the bathroom and without displaying too much information, I noticed a tiny bit of spotting. Now, typically this wouldn't be a huge cause for concern, but the fact that my blood type is RH-, any sign of bleeding warrants a call to the doctor. Unfortunately, my doctor's office closes at noon on Fridays so when I got a call back from Dr. Favor (whom I adore) urging me to go to the Emergency Room for a RhoGAM shot, I was quite peeved and a bit hesitant. And I had a right to be. What I thought would be a two-hour maximum visit, ended up being a 6 1/2 hour stay. All by my lonesome. For starters, never send a pregnant woman to an ER alone. I had no one to distract me from the ailing patients in the waiting room. My heavens. When I saw a woman fighting back tears while her 96 year old mother lay in her lap unresponsive my floodgates opened. And when I listened to a young girl tell the story of how she found her mom dead and buried her three months prior, my heart ached. This went on for almost THREE HOURS, people! I was finally called back into a room and asked to put on a gown. At this point, John showed up and so did a nurse with an IV and bag of fluids. Ummmm, what?! Yeah, doctor's orders. John had to leave to tend to Brooks, my phone died, and I didn't have any service. I just laid there checking the time, greatly condsidering putting my clothes back on, ripping out the IV, and blowing that pop stand. The nurse finally came in around 6:30 to take me to Ultrasound and the moment I saw little baby no-name on the screen, with a fast and strong heartbeat, moving all over the place, all was well with the world. Everything looked great, praise the Lord!

Our little breech baby at 15 weeks, 3 days.
When I got back to my room the nurse removed the IV and I was able to get dressed and warm (the ER was out of blankets). I then waited for my RhoGAM shot to arrive from the pharmacy. Finally, by 8:00 they inserted that 5 foot long needle into my hined region and I was good to go. OH. WHAT. A. DAY.

On Saturday morning we got up bright and early and headed to Sloss Furnace for the IronTribe 5K and Chili Cook Off to cheer on John as he competed in the Tribe 5K (a 5K run with intense workouts in between). John's entire family came to support him so Brooks and I enjoyed spending time with them while we waited for daddy to cross over the finish line. And that he did, coming in 2nd place out of 115 men!

John waiting to start the race.

About to cross the finish line!

We are so proud of Daddy!


Brooks had too much fun playing that he didn't last a second in the car on the way to lunch at Jackson's. Bless him, crumb on the lip and all.


After lunch and a long nap from Brooks and sore, worn out John, we went to the park as a family to run around with the ball, swing, and go down the slides. We even ran into Katie Beth, Brandon, and baby Gray! We weren't able to stay too long because John and I were going on a double date that evening with the Owens and sticking around afterwards for Chris Morrow's surprise 30th birthday bash. It was such a fun night and went out with even more of a bang since Brooks behaved for the sitter and went down with no problems. Win.

On Sunday we took Brooks to Bass Pro Shops for an afternoon of exploring and fun. That place never disappoints. Especially their ice cream. When we got home we played outside, took B on a wagon ride around the block, ate a yummy homemade dinner, and then called it a night. We didn't get anything done around the house as far as projects go, and I am a.o.k. with that. I would much rather spend my time with my boys, in the present, enjoying the sunshine.

Stay tuned for some updated pictures of the house and a new nursery predicament. I need some help!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger

Hover Pin It Code