PAGES

cleaning and cars.

Thursday, April 5, 2012

John and I had a productive, yet fun weekend. On Friday I decided to spring clean. Well, really I started with a closet overhaul, but one thing led to another and next thing you know, every inch of the condo is spotless. For example, I paid such close attention to detail, I even scoured our shower head. I wanted to share this cleaning technique that I found on Pinterest because it actually worked. Click here for a how-to on removing lime build up. SUCCESS! 


My closet project took approximately two whole days. I purged, I organized, I cleaned, I purged some more. On Saturday John and I took a huge load to the Salvation Army and another load to a consignment store in town. They accepted most of my items and I am really excited to see what does/does not sell. I keep checking online daily. Don't you just love technology? 

The fun began on Sunday (for John, at least). Through work, John and his co-worker, Jason, got tickets to the Honday Indy Grand Prix of Alabama at the Barber Motorsports Park. This was my first time going to any car race whatsoever and I wasn't really sure what to expect—Talladega anyone?! 


To be honest, I had a great time, but I lost interest after about one lap around the track. I was more so interested in everything else going on...people watching, the food, and the recreation. So, it's no surprise that I ended up on the ferris wheel. 


The view. 

Main squeeze.

So, there you have it. Great weekend and great week, thus far. Tomorrow we are headed to Atlanta to visit my family for the weekend! I am THRILLED. I can't wait to get my hands on the three little Semanson munchkins and see my parents and brothers. It's been way too long. I'm bringing my big daddy camera home with me, so lot's of pictures to share soon! 


2 comments:

  1. Wow! That whole week must be really remarkable for you and John, eh? It’s really nice that you enjoyed the Honday Indy Grand Prix event. Car events are always so exciting. And since it’s your first time, I’m quite sure you were fascinated by the happenings. I hope that being able to have that experience with your partner is something you won’t forget.

    Erwin Calverley

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, as I was finally reading the shower head cleaning post (thanks, btw for the search box), I noticed the above pic of you and your hubs and instantly fell in love with your necklace - i love the simplicity of this cross! Please tell me where you found it!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger

Hover Pin It Code