PAGES

stats.

Monday, February 18, 2013

Well, our little guy is smaller than we thought...but, growing!

Brooks is landing on the charts in the 19th percentile for height and the 32nd for weight. Our bitty 11 pound 12 ouncer has grown 1 3/8 inches and is just as healthy as can be. Praise God!

Waiting patiently on daddy's lap.
Unfortunately, Brooks had to get his first round of immunizations (Pediarix, Prevnar, Rota, and Hib). Three pricks to be exact. Poor buddy. John came with me to the appointment to help console baby boy and it proved unnecessary. Brooks was a champ, even though he belted out the most horrendous, shrilling cry when the nurse gave him the shots. John and I have never heard such a heartbreaking sound in our entire lives. Looking back, I am surprised I didn't cry myself! But, as soon as I picked him up the tears stopped and we were good to go.

Later that afternoon Brooks ran a fever of 101.8, wasn't eating, and was very tired and fussy. This was expected and luckily we were prepared. I gave him his first dose of Tylenol and let him snuggle with mommy all afternoon because every time I put him down he would cry until I picked him back up. He wouldn't even let daddy hold him! As tiring as that was and as hard as it was to see Brooks feeling ill, I soaked it all in because I know that one day those snuggles will be few and far between.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger

Hover Pin It Code